Serving the Merseyside Jewish community for over 125 years, Merseyside Jewish Community Care provides practical assistance to Jewish parents and children, older people, disabled people, the visually impaired, those coping with mental health problems, families on low income and people who have become isolated from the community. We offer information, daytime activities, carers' services, hardship and children's holiday grants, Kosher meals services and links and referrals to other caring agencies.
Throughout the week there are a number of clubs (some include meals and activities), for a timetable of events and further information contact Shifrin House.
- Monday Lunch Club & Activities (12pm – 3.30pm)
- Tuesday Lunch Club & Activities (12pm – 3.30pm)
- Soup and Sandwich (Wednesday 12.30pm – 1.30pm)
- Visual Support Group (VSG) (formerly Jewish Blind Society) Wednesday's, monthly
Wednesday Lunch Circle Programme
September 29th Closed Yom Tov
October 27th Pauline Rushdon Curator for Costumes for Liverpool
November 24th Carol Codd City Registrar
MJCC is always looking for volunteers to help assist with their work, contact Shifrin House for further information.
Meals on Wheels
These are delivered on a Wednesday and Friday, volunteers are always required
- We provide unique and specialist services which reflect our Jewish traditions and culture.
- We aim to provide quality social and administrative services for the Jewish Community in Merseyside.
- We must respond to the implications of increased life expectancy and the needs of the modern family.
- We aim to identify and meet the needs and requirements of the Community as a whole.
MJCC would appreciate whatever support you can give:
Please make cheques payable to "Merseyside Jewish Community Care" and send to: MJCC, Shifrin House, 433 Smithdown Road, Liverpool L15 3JL or click to make donations online by Access or Visa
Lisa Dolan, Chief Executive
433 Smithdown Road
Tel: 0151 733 2292
Fax: 0151 734 0212